Sunday, July 31, 2016

Andy's Angles: Stadium

I'm fuzzy on the years, but for a lot of my early time at Mid Valley, the football team played at Valley View's stadium.  The district had nothing of its own (great planning), and Valley View offered a nice facility.

After Valley View, the team played at some park in Jessup and then Fern Hill in Olyphant.  At the latter stop, the home locker room was a fire house.  Visitors used their bus.  It was a horrible and embarrassing situation.  No wonder it took so long for athletics to get off the ground.

The team eventually moved in to a stadium behind the school complex in Throop.  Still no championship, but a much better atmosphere.

I haven't been to a high school game, any high school game, since I stopped covering them in the mid 90's.  I keep sayint hat will change during my fall vacations.  One of these years...