Saturday, July 9, 2016

Andy's Angles: Yoga

I don't mind working holidays.  When you take a job in broadcasting, you know it comes along with the territory.

On the other hand, holidays can be tough because there are a lot of clichés and traditions-- the things that happen year after year.  There really is nothing new and you've run out of things to say.

There was a little breath of fresh air for me  Monday morning.   My task was to show how people spend Independence Day morning-- before the barbecues, before the fireworks.  We started at Lackawanna State Park.  It was then off to a kids' basketball camp at Summit University, now Clarks Summit University.

Above is how my morning ended, a yoga class on top of an Adams Avenue, Scranton parking garage.  Money raised went to the Northeastern Pennsylvania Philharmonic.  I didn't participate, but it looked like a lot of fun, and the weather was perfect.

It was the third year for Yoga on the Roof, but it was a new one for me, and it made for a really nice Independence Day morning.