Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Good Day, Sunshine

My father craved a pizza last week, so I was waiting inside one of our favorite restaurants, whiling away the moments until my take out order was ready.

This particular restaurant is in a strip mall, with a tanning salon as a neighbor.  There wasn't much to look at inside.  The pizza prep area is hidden by a half wall and frosted glass.  Watching someone make a pizza is one of the great joys of life.

So, my gaze was turned out the big windows.  I watched young woman after young woman enter the tanning salon.  Remember, this was a perfectly sunny summer afternoon.

Hey, you're paying to tan in a booth.  THE SUN IS FREE!

I thought about for a moment.  I think I'm like many people.  We view tanning salons as a winter oriented business, but tanning in a booth, in the summer, does make some sense.  It's quick and efficient.  There are no creepy neighbors looking at you in your bikini.  And when you tan in a booth, you can avoid tan lines, if you know what I mean.

Waiting for that pizza gave me a new outlook on the business.

Of course, too much tanning can be dangerous.

Whether it's inside or outside, be careful.