Friday, July 8, 2016

Horrible Habit

I don't consider myself wealthy, but I do okay.  If there's something I want and need, I go out and get it.

There are only a few indulgences.  My pen collection is too big.  Thankfully, I've stopped adding to it.

I have too many tee shirts, even though the only place you see me wear them is at the gym.

Baseball caps are all over the place.

I can't resist a tie sale.

On the other hand, I can be very frugal.

I still have a tube TV.  It's working great, and dumping it for a flat HD model seems wasteful.  It's no big deal.

Sometimes, frugality gets me in to trouble.

I have tons of razor blades.  I buy them when they're on sale or I have a coupon.  There are always plenty of extras in the bathroom-- different makes and models.

I have this horrible habit of using a blade one day too many.  There have been many mornings I've left the house raw, irritated, and occasionally, a little bloody.  Thank heaven for Bactine and Aveeno lotion.

Baseball executive Branch Rickey once said that it's better to trade a player one year early rather than one year late.  I have to adopt that philosophy with razor blades.