Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Razor's Edge

A few people have commented on a recent blog post about my razor situation.  To make a long story short, I wrote that I have a horrible habit of using a razor blade cartridge one day too many.  I leave home bleeding and irritated.

There have been suggestions I go with one of those internet/mail order businesses that ship you inexpensive cartridges on a regular basis.

I tried two:  Harry's and Pace.  Both were okay.  Not great.  I've found that they don't last as long as the big name brands.  So, there's a choice.  Use the cheaper blades and get fewer shaves, or stay with Schick and Gillette.  Pay more and have them last longer.

After trying them all, I'll keep using the more expensive blades.  They simply do a better job.

By the way, Unilever just bought Dollar Shave Club for $1 billion.  Yes, ONE BILLION DOLLARS.  They have to be doing something right.  From what I've read, Unilever needs help building customer loyalty, and Dollar Shave Club is apparently very good at that.

See you at the drug store, stocking up on blades and lotion to soothe my wounds.