Sunday, July 24, 2016

School

This school opened a couple of years after I graduated.  It's about 35 years old, but people around here still refer to it as the "new school."

As has been noted here many times in the past, I attended class in horrible, old buildings.  A couple were even condemned by the state-- while they were in use!

Looking back, there were plusses.  There was no high school cafeteria.  We were allowed to wander about at lunch time.  That changed when what you see above was built.  I probably would have gone nuts being locked up for six hours a day.  I need air.

Design?  It looks to be a nondescript brick box.  In all fairness, it's what's inside that counts, and I've never been past the lobby here.  You don't have to be in a Taj Mahal to learn, and I think I proved that back in the decrepit old buildings I was sent to.  However, being comfortable and decent facilities does have its advantages.