Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Welcome to Autumn

A Snedeker rant triggered this blog entry.

Joe said he was in an Eddie Bauer store recently when he overheard a worker say they are in the "Fall I" mode.

It really isn't surprising.  Retailers, especially clothing retailers, often work a season ahead.

The big box office supply stores start back to school sales right after Independence Day.  It's a big time for them, almost like Christmas.

My LL Bean catalog that arrived last week was marked "late summer."

I really don't mind.  I work all night and sleep all day.  Sleep comes easier when it's dark and cold.  I have a good air conditioner and great black out curtains.  They help, but there's nothing like crawling under a blanket on a cold winter afternoon.

It's funny.  I don't hear any complaints when swimsuits and polo shirts arrive in stores just after the new year.  Flannel and corduroy in July is an entirely different story.