Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Tuesday Scrapple

The publisher of the newspaper I complained about on Friday returned my e-mail.  He promised to fix the problems.

Outside of Phelps and Bolt, it seems most Olympics stories the past two weeks were negative-- polluted Rio, lying American swimmers.

Why does our area seem to have so many heartless and cruel homicides.  I know. They all are.  A starvation death in Schuylkill County, where the two suspects were arrested last week, is particularly nauseating.

A big smile erupted when I saw overnight lows in 50's on the 7 day forecast board.  I love fall.  Unfortunately, it doesn't last long enough, and it's followed by winter.

It's great to see the college students coming back.  Colleges and universities add a lot of life to our area.

I gave up my Pittsburgh Steelers fan status last year when the team signed Michael Vick.  I'm in no hurry to return to the flock, especially when you look at some of the shady characters on the squad this year.

Jack Riley passed away last week.  He was in dozens of television programs, most notably as Mr. Carlin on The Bob Newhart Show.  Very dry, and extremely funny.

76 days until the presidential election.  Most polls have Trump trailing Clinton.  Is there enough time to turn it around?

I was watching a Ronald Reagan documentary on PBS the other morning.  Regardless of what you thought about his politics, the man knew how to deliver a line.  He really was The Great Communicator.

While I'm really looking forward to Bad Santa 2, it really seems like Hollywood is making the same movies over and over and over again.