Monday, September 19, 2016

I Just Don't Get...

...fantasy football.  Fans say it adds to the enjoyment of the game.  I don't know.  It seems like an awful lot of work and a lot of stress.  It sucks the fun out of a carefree Sunday afternoon.

...the airport roundabouts.  I traveled them a couple of times last week.  There is such flawed logic here.  The Navy Way extension is fantastic.  Lengthened acceleration and deceleration ramps on Interstate 81 were sorely needed.  I shudder to think about what would happen if there was a major incident in that area, and a lot of vehicles had to me moved in a short amount of time.

...reality television.  I don't care who gets the disco trophy.  I have no interest in who gets kicked off the island or out of the house.  It looks like this genre is here to stay for a while.

...pumpkin spiced anything.  'Nuff said.

...tiny houses.  There are a couple of networks that have shows dedicated to the concept.  In a way, I can understand the charm and simplicity.  I would feel claustrophobic. 

...selfies.  Nothing else needs to be said.

...chain restaurants.  I admit to being an occasional customer.  Still, I look at all those packed parking lots and shake my head.  There is better stuff out there.

...Joan Rivers.  I know she has passed.  I watched a Johnny Carson appearance last week.  It was 15 minutes of saying horrible things about people.  Why was she so popular?