Friday, January 13, 2017

Divisional Weekend

This is the time of year when I start putting my football picks here on the blog.  It's harmless fun, and I preface this by saying that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Here goes.  It's Divisional Playoff weekend, and the NFL is down to its final eight, a fast and efficient playoff system.  Why can't the NBA and NHL do this?

Atlanta is a 4 point favorite over Seattle.  Take Seattle and the points, and I think Seattle wins the game.  The Lions didn't give Seattle much of a tussle last weekend.  Seattle isn't what it used to be, but the team is still strong in the right places.  I will admit that I really don't know much about the Falcons.

The late Saturday game is Houston visiting New England.  The Patriots are giving up 14.  The Patriots win and cover the spread.

Pittsburgh is a 2 point underdog in Kansas City, in Sunday's early game.  Pittsburgh looked really good last week, but Miami didn't show up.  The Steelers' defense has improved as the season progressed.  However, I'm still not a believer.  KC wins and covers.

My upset special is the late Sunday game.  The Packers are a 5 point underdog in Dallas.  The Packers are peaking at the right time, and although Aaron Rodgers has struggled, I'll take his playoff experience over the rookie on the other side of the field.

My report card will be issued next week.