Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Holiday Leftovers

Before we dive in to 2017, some things need to be said.

"A Christmas Story" is a cute movie, but it doesn't deserve to be played over and over and over again.  The Andy Griffith Show marathon on Sundance was much more entertaining.

Enough with the ugly Christmas sweaters.  It was amusing for a while.  Now, it's just tedious.

I drove home from work in a snow storm a few weeks ago.  Since when is it OK for people to dump snow back in the street?  I must have encountered it a half dozen times on a 10 mile drive.  Snow thrower owners seemed to be the biggest offenders.

I don't mind receiving Christmas catalogs in the mail, but some companies seemed to be sending the same things over and over again.

I've become addicted to coconut lip balm.

It was another year of un-creative news writing, where every person who does something wrong around Christmas is referred to as a "grinch."

Speaking of that, police in Stroudsburg nabbed a guy for stealing donation jars from bars and restaurants.  Words cannot express my disgust.

Chewy.com is building a warehouse in Hanover Township.  I believe it's being constructed with all the money I spent at Christmas.

Watching the NFL isn't a priority these days, but I have to say I'm very surprised by the strength of Dallas, Oakland, Miami and Atlanta.  New England is a surprise only when they lose.

Are there too many college football bowl games?  Yes.  Is this hurting anyone?  No.