Friday, February 3, 2017

Super Bowl LI

I had a decent track record when I picked games during the playoffs, and I've been pretty good at picking Super Bowls, so let's try it again.  As always, I preface the pick with the warning that I really don't know what I'm talking about.

As is my habit, I will sleep through the game.  Oddly enough, the last Super Bowl I was awake for was the January 1999 game, when Denver beat Atlanta, the last time Atlanta was in a Super Bowl.  On top that, any discussion of Super Bowl commercials bores me to tears.

My formula for picking the winner all comes down to this:  go with the better defense.  In this case, it's New England, so I predict New England wins and covers the spread.

I'm not a New England fan.  They cheat.  It's been proven.  I would be very happy to see Atlanta get the big trophy tonight.  It's the classic head versus heart conflict.  Go with the head.  New England.