Friday, February 24, 2017

Unfinished Friday

Following up on some previously addressed topics...

WEATHER:  I saw the state running street sweepers on some highways Tuesday.  It's an activity usually reserved for the end of winter.  Does PennDOT know something the rest of us don't.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a snow event or two before the end of March.

RADIO:  President Trump is turning into ratings gold for some news and news/talk stations.  Rush Limbaugh is seeing an uptick in ratings.

The Associated Press, for years, had a wonderful and solid radio network.  This week, AP announced it was ending overnight and weekend top of the hour newscasts.  It made me sad.

THE GYM:  The New Year's newbies are long gone.  There are a few new faces.  I suspect they are people looking to work off some winter weight.

AL BOSCOV:  A memorial service is set for Sunday in Reading.  There were newspaper stories on the future of the chain before his body was cold.

CABLE NEWS:  I'm really enjoying CNN's "The History of Comedy."  America could use George Carlin today.  You might not agree with him, but he could really make you laugh.

My gym recently took CNN off its monitors and replaced it with MSNBC.  I'm catching Brian Williams' "The 11th Hour" replays.  Producers pack way too much in to 30 minutes.  It's not unusual to see five guests in on one discussion.  No one can complete a thought.

I can't get enough panda video.