Thursday, February 16, 2017

Unfinished Thursday

NEW THOUGHTS ON OLD TOPICS...

POLITICS AND MEDIA:
Rosie O'Donnell seems in a desperate bid to make herself relevant again.  The lack of respect on both sides is not letting up, and it might never end.  The media, who got the election wrong last year, is going down the same path and ignoring all those people who voted for Donald Trump.

ROAD DOG:
While I was off during last week's storm, I did not escape its wrath.  I had to travel to a medical appointment 25 miles away, right as the storm was at its peak.  The roads weren't great, but much better than I expected.  Road crews did a nice job.

THIS OLD SCHOOL:
Last week's blog entry, where I eviscerated my old school district touched a mini firestorm.  Via Facebook messaging, I heard from a few old classmates, who reminded me of the laughs we had and the mischief we found ourselves in.  Points taken.

SPORTSCASTING:
Bob Costas steps aside as NBC's main Olympic host.  Costas has upped the sanctimonious level in recent years, injecting political commentary into his stuff.  It looks like Costas will do more with the MLB Network, and he's great there.  Replacement:  the thin voiced Mike Tirico.  Dan Patrick would have been a better choice.  I really don't care for NBC's "plausibly live" Olympics coverage, so it's a moot point for me.  I won't watch, no matter who is in the host's chair.

PA GOVERNMENT:
If there's a state that needs streamlining, it's Pennsylvania.   I could never understand why there's a Fish & Boat Commission and a Game Commission, for example.  The governor proposed some consolidation.  Not enough.

SUPER BOWL LI:  
I watched a replay of the end of the Super Bowl.  It looked like the Falcons weren't even trying.