Friday, March 3, 2017

About the Cover: Dunmore Reservoir

March is one of the tougher months to come up with a blog header.  I always want something that says "spring."  Problem:  Spring doesn't really get rolling until the middle and end of the month.  It's a lot like December.  A Christmas theme would be nice.  The issue there is the big Christmas displays don't get fired up until after the first of the month, as it should be.

Above is a shot of Dunmore Reservoir #1.  I've been here before, but from another access point, on the other side of the lake.  There is better parking at this access point, but to get to the lake, you need to take a muddy trek through some woods.

I enjoyed my short time there.  The water was an odd sort of green color.  I'm guessing the Saturday mega storm stirred things up a bit.  I had to climb over some downed dead trees on the way to the lake.  And, as you can see on the header shot and this picture, there appears to be an active beaver population here.

Enjoy the view.  We'll talk later.