Friday, May 5, 2017

About the Cover

OK, I'm a little late with a new blog header this month.  It's a frequent problem.  When I have free time, it turns cloudy and vice versa.

You've seen North Scranton Junior High on the blog before, but not in the header.

The building is now apartments run by Goodwill, plus there's a theater inside.

Management has been changing the color of the lights outside to suit the season-- red and green for Christmas, green for St. Patrick's Day, red for Valentine's Day.  I took this one yesterday morning.  I'm assuming it's pastels for Easter.

I still haven't been inside.  From the outside, the building looks great.

You may remember, as the conversion from empty school to apartments project was stalled, the building was falling apart.  Broken windows, assorted other deterioration.  I advocated in this space that the place be torn down.  It had become an eyesore, and there was no sign the plans would ever some to fruition.

Well, a few years ago, they managed to pull the rabbit out of the hat, and this is a real asset to North Scranton.  I'm glad Goodwill stuck with it.