Wednesday, June 21, 2017

I Wasn't Kidding

Let's take you back to Sunday morning.  I was doing my standard Sunday morning broadcast, but Joe Snedeker was filling in for Noreen Clark.  As I introduced Joe at the top of one of our four hours, I made a sweeping hand gestures.  Joe took note of it, and I explained that was my Allen Ludden impression, and I occasionally do it as an homage to the great Password and Password Plus host.

I should have made a screen grab of my thing, but here is Ludden in action from 1980, making the hand and arm gesture I occasionally copy.
So, why do I offer the occasional homage to Allen Ludden?

He brought life to a rather tame and dry game show, but the biggest reason is, and I've prattled on about this before, but it's been a while, the guy looked like he was having the time of his life every time he stepped on stage.  It appeared there was no place he'd rather be.  I always admired that.

Allen Ludden loved his work, and so do I.

By the way, there is another impression in my anchoring repertoire.  If you see my left arm way out, that's Steve Bosh, who anchored on WPIX in the late 70's and 80's.  He was always a favorite.

Thanks for watching.  See you tomorrow.