Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Tuesday Scrapple

Will there ever be an awards show without political overtones?  Winners, just go on stage, say thank you, and depart.  We'll all be much happier.

It seems like there's a "Sears/KMart imminent demise" story in the news every day.  Is there anything new here?  It seems like it's the same doom and gloom over and over again.  Wake me when it finally happens.

Adam West, TV's Batman died over the weekend.  88.  He was perfect, one of the best voices ever on TV.  What made the show was the villains.  Personal favorite:  King Tut.

Spring is a great time of year.  Unfortunately, in our area, it doesn't last long enough.

Is there anything better on a broiling afternoon than cold iced tea?

I spent a little time in Sunbury yesterday, first time in a long time.  That area along the river is nothing short of spectacular.

I don't like Instagram and Snapchat because every other customer has a more interesting life.

I'm glad that stuff wasn't around when I was growing up.  I don't think I'd like having every moment of my life documented.  Remember The Truman Show?

How did society exist without Sharpies and Post-Its?

I know it has a major political slant, but the New York Post manages to be entertaining day after day after day.

The just concluded NBA season seemed interminable.  The NHL wasn't far behind, but I admit it was a kick to see the Pittsburgh Penguins win the Stanley Cup.

Please don't forget that tomorrow is Flag Day.