Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Tuesday Scrapple

Scott Pelley's last broadcast as CBS Evening News anchor was last Friday.  It was a classy sign off.

Katy Perry has become the first Twitter user with 100 million followers.  Not surprised.  major entertainer.  World wide audience.

I spent some time at my alma mater, Marywood University, last week.  Believe it or not, I was in a building I had not visited before-- and it's an old building.

Will Amazon and Walmart eventually own everything?

There are multiple reports Bill O'Reilly is planning a comeback.  It looks to be a subscription web site.  I'm not surprised, again.  The trend in the business is for entertainers and journalists to own their content, like podcasts and web sites.

The British never gave me the warm fuzzies, but it's been one heartbreak after another for the people on the other side of the pond.

A few different teams find themselves in first place in Major league Baseball, and it's nice to see things turned around.

14 teams in the International League and the Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders are 10th in attendance.  In all fairness, things don't pick up here until schools are out.  Thanks to the blizzard, schools were in session late this year.  Also, the spring weather has been lousy.

There aren't many things better than a well made submarine sandwich on a great roll.

Stephen Furst's passing over the weekend inspired me to look at some "Animal House" clips on YouTube.  A hilarious movie, from beginning to end.  Hearing things like "zero point zero" and "double secret probation" can still make me laugh.   Furst was also in 97 "St. Elsewhere" episodes, one of the best series of all time.

How does a four year old get his hands on a gun?  A loaded gun?

Not saddened by the demise of Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey Circus, but I'm tickled that three of its old rail cars will stay here in our area.

My hand reaches for the radio any time an ELO song comes on, but only to crank up the volume.