Sunday, July 2, 2017

Andy's Angles: Scranton Intermodal


I haven't done a total turnaround on the Intermodal Center on Lackawanna Avenue, but I have refined my thinking a bit. It's nice to have local buses, long distance buses and taxis in the same place. My beef always was with the location. It's on the low end of Lackawanna Avenue, and there isn't much around it.



However, the buses do stop where the people are-- the courthouse, Wyoming Avenue, the Marketplace at Steamtown, etc.



I did stop by for a moment this week. I was doing a story near by and needed a bathroom break. A lot of people were using the place, and that's a good thing.



The Intermodal Center did eat up some of Steamtown's sign space, and that's something that really needs to be fixed. The Steamtown entrance is nearly invisible.