Friday, September 15, 2017

Last Day

Another vacation is coming to an end...

Status report:  I slept a little, rode my bike, went to the gym, went for some walks, took some photos, and visited KMart.

I also read the book you see above.  Regular blog readers will know Allen Ludden, who died in 1981, is a hero.  The reason is simple.  Every time Allen Ludden walked out on stage, he looked like he was having the time of his life.  I admire the enthusiasm.  He also treated every contestant with dignity and respect-- having fun at the right times, always moving the game along, never forgetting the game was the star.

After reading the book, my assessment is correct.

Yes, he was exacting, fussy, and flashed temper at times (remind you of anyone?)  The positives far outweigh the negatives.  Ludden was a huge advocate for education, listening to young people, and he loved animals.

I consider myself an old game show geek.  Yet, I learned quite a bit by reading the book.

The book was enjoyable, even though you knew it wouldn't have a happy ending.

By the way, October 5 is the 100th anniversary of Allen Ludden's birth.

Hope to see you soon.