Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Wednesday Scrapple

I saw 2018 calendars in the dollar store last week, and I understand Christmas decorations are going up in some stores.  I know that's not unusual, but the year really has flown by.

Why can't I keep the inside of my car windshield clean?

A business in Luzerne County is having a Middleswarth potato chip eating contest in November.  Big fan.

The only time I don't like above normal temperatures is in the summer.

Fall is a great time of year, but it does make me sad to see trees drop their leaves.

Sunday night's Emmy awards broadcast was full of political stuff.  Ratings were awful.  Connection?

One teachers' strike underway.  More to follow.  Not taking sides, but there has to be a better way.

Circle of Life:  Toys R US put the mom and pop stores out of business.  Now, WalMart and Amazon are crushing Toys R Us.  The company has declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and it will remain in business, at least for a while.

Walgreens is swallowing up half the Rite Aid chain.  Can someone explain how life will be better?

Apple's new product announcements fail to excite me.

Major League Baseball set a home run record this season.  It's not hard to see why.  Stronger players, smaller ballparks, and there are those who swear the baseballs are wound tighter.