Thursday, October 5, 2017

I Feel Better Already

It's been a yearly ritual for years-- getting a flu shot, and I got stuck last week.

For the past several years, there hasn't been much planning.  If the personnel in the drug store didn't look busy, I got my shot.  This year, I made an appointment with my doctor, and was in and out in minutes.

By the way, one of the best advancements in recent years was getting the flu shot into pharmacies and big stores.  Those roving clinics you see at fairs and farmers markets are great, too. Make the vaccine easily available to as many people as possible.

Does a flu shot guarantee I won't get sick this winter?  No, but it does give you a fighting chance.

I've heard all the excuses-- I don't like needles, the vaccine will make me sick, etc...  Forget those!  Just go and do it.  Insurance covers it, and even if you don't have insurance, it doesn't cost that do much.  Do it for yourself.  More importantly, do it for the people around you.