Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Tuesday Scrapple

NBC's Al Michaels made a stupid joke during Sunday night's game.  He apologized.  Drop it.  Look at the body of the man's work.  Everyone should be allowed to make a mistake once in a while.

I get way too much joy out of refilling my pepper mill.

Whatever happened to vanilla flavored toothpaste?

I work with several dog lovers, and many of their pets came from shelters.  That makes me happy.

Fellow blogger David DeCosmo pointed out that yesterday was "Department Store Day."  I'm glad I grew up in an era when these places existed.  It's only a matter of time before the remaining few disappear.

Eddie Rabbit said it first, and I agree.  I love a rainy night.

Why aren't more people taking about the Lackawanna County reassessment ballot question?  Is there resignation to its failure?

David Letterman is on Jimmy Kimmel's show tonight.  I expect it to get political, and I expect to hit the "off" button.  Can we simply have fun for just one night?

Twitter hasn't put me on its 280 character list.  No worries.  I rarely Tweet.

I like municipal election years.  Taxes remain steady.  Streets get paved.

Why are gasoline prices still so high?

Too warm to too cold too fast.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Houston Astros in the World Series, but I'm also happy the American League Championship Series won't be a sweep.