Thursday, November 9, 2017

2X2

It's that time of year.  As I noted in a recent blog entry, most of my Christmas shopping is done on-line.  I like supporting local businesses, but I work all night and sleep all day.  Getting out to stores is difficult.

Still, there are things that I don't get on line-- food, things for around the house.  This is the time of year I buy more than I immediately need.  The reason is simple.  Stock up now so I don't have to battle the Christmas rush later.

It's double everything, and when I get strange looks from cashiers, I explain that it's nothing personal.  I don't want to be in their store around Christmas.  Just about all who hear my tale agree.

I consider it a public service.  Leave the parking lot spaces and places in line for the people who really HAVE to be there.