Friday, February 9, 2018

Media Friday

So far, I've only caught tiny bits and pieces of the Super Bowl broadcast replay.  NBC analyst Cris Collinsworth is being roasted for being anti Philadelphia.  I'm a neutral observer.  i dislike both the Eagles and the Patriots.  So far, I haven't heard Collinsworth lean toward New England.

Where NBC really messed up was not having a rules expert on hand.  It's vital these days.

There was a recent internet discussion of local radio dropping the ball during last month's ice jams and flooding.  I can't really comment because I didn't hear it.  However, the fact there was a discussion in the first place sends up the red flag.

You can't really say Dan Patrick and Rich Eisen are dynamic and engaging radio show hosts, but they get really good guests.  Their shows were "must listen" in the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl.

I don't know when it was made, but I watched an ESPN "30 for 30" documentary on the Baltimore Colts and the Baltimore Ravens while I was at the gym the other morning.  It was simply outstanding.  I don't watch much ESPN, other than "Pardon the Interruption."  SportsCenter is shtick over substance.  Most of its other shows are people yelling at each other.

I really have a hard time getting interested in the Olympics.

I can't say I'm a fan of podcasts.  Most have a stale and canned quality.  Tony Kornheiser's effort is a different animal.  It's fresh daily, and almost identical to his old radio show.