Saturday, March 31, 2018

Andy's Angles: Free Parking


The policy started Monday.  Free parking remains at the Marketplace at Steamtown, but you do have to get your ticket validated.  You don't have to buy anything.

Reaction on social media has been overwhelmingly negative.  I was surprised at the response.

I don't think the new policy makes much of a difference.

There is only one Boscov's in the Scranton area.  If you want Boscov's, you have to go to this mall.  There are a few other things that make the Marketplace unique.  For the most part, however, you can get what you need without stopping here.

I do realize that most people, including myself, take the path of least resistance.  If it's a choice between two shopping centers, and one makes you jump through a minor hoop to park for free, I'll chose the other.

I also realize the marketplace had to boot the freeloaders.  It's a business, not a charity.

Bottom line.  This might hurt-- a little.