Sunday, March 11, 2018

Time

It's time for my twice yearly rant on switching from Standard Time to Daylight Saving Time and vice versa

Studies show it doesn't accomplish anything.  Daylight Saving Time doesn't save energy.  We are no longer an economy dominated by agriculture.

Some big states are considering staying on one time all year round.  Once that happens, the rest will fall in line.

The only drawback I can see is kids going to school in the morning in the dark.  I went through that when we switched time during the 70's energy crisis.  We survived.  Kids are coming home in the dark anyway, because parents try to cram too many after school activities in to their lives.  I've written about this before, but I'm still shocked by the children in line at the mini mart in the morning, buying giant coffees and energy drinks.  Something is wrong somewhere.

To be honest with you, it doesn't bother me.  I'm up all night anyway, and that really lessens the adjustment period.