Thursday, May 17, 2018

Follow Up Thursday


One more thing I should have mentioned during yesterday's political analysis entry...  I visited four polling places in the 112th yesterday.  Only one candidate had someone handing out cards at every location-- Kyle Mullins.  Mullins won the race.  Connection?  Maybe.  No one likes being bombarded by candidate's surrogates as they enter the polls, and I'm convinced most people make up their minds before entering the building, it does show the strength of organization.  By the way, the regulation keeping those people away from the doors need to be enforced more rigorously, maybe even strengthened to keep them away.

Even FOX News admitted four or five of Pennsylvania's U.S. house seats could flip from Republican to Democratic in November.  It will be interesting to see how much money the national Democratic and Republican organizations pump in to Pennsylvania races.  Follow the money.  If the national organizations don't spend, it means they've given up on that particular contest.

Even though I have the boxed set, and several episodes are available on-line, I'm still disappointed Antenna TV no longer plays "Barney Miller" at 12:30 AM.  I never get tired of seeing them.

I'm not much of a cheerleader, but Kurt Aaron, John Hickey, and Ally Gallo did a great job during Tuesday's tornado warning.  Dozens of people you never see helped make it happen.  Hats off to them as well.  Proud to serve!  I was lucky.  Zero damage in my neighborhood.  Electricity never even flickered.