Thursday, May 24, 2018

Thursday Scrapple

On a scale from 1 to 10, my interest in the royal wedding was barely a 2.  I will admit they Harry and Meghan are a great looking pair.

Note to State Farm agents:  I'm sure you have a fine product, but I'm very happy with what I have now.  STOP SENDING ME THINGS IN THE MAIL!

Last Indianapolis 500 on ABC Sunday.  I know it's a business, but it's still sad.

I am constantly amazed by the number of people who build LinkedIn pages, but never check them, never maintain them.  Delete and move on.  I will say that LionkedIn is one of the most useless sites-- ever.


Decorating the tops of mortarboards was cute for a while.  It's worn off.


I know I've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating.  the number of overdoses you hear every weekend on the police radio is terrifying.


I've been out on my bike several times this spring, and the roads are still terrible.


It appears the investigation into financial monkey business in the Scranton School District is accelerating.  Bravo!  It's clear something is wrong, somewhere.


The U.S. Supreme court has given states the right to conduct sports betting.  Why do I see trouble with this?


I honestly don't care if it's yanny or laurel.  Please stop it.  Stop it now.

Worst.  Spring.  Ever.

The NFL is taking steps to make kick offs less dangerous.  Isn't danger part of the game?    Moot point.  The NFL will soon exist as just something on which to gamble.

It's another changing of the guard at my gym?  Why don't employees stay?

I was driving in a downpour early Wednesday morning.  Holy Cow!  It was worse than driving in a snow storm.

I know he's been gone a long time now, but Dick Clark made hosting Pyramid look so darned easy.  I know he won Emmys for it, but I don't think Clark ever received his due for being a game show host.