Saturday, June 16, 2018

Andy's Angles: Perhaps I Should Explain

Clearly, I didn't take this one.  One of our editors and associate producers Brittany did.  Joe wanted a picture to remind us of the dead of winter, and how great it was to have a wonderful summer day.

It was taken Tuesday morning.  I had just finished filling in for Tom Williams on Newswatch 16 This Morning.  Joe wanted to be photographed in a winter coat, and He asked me to photo bomb.  Upon further reflection, I think photo bombing is spontaneous, and not planned.

Anyway...

There are some things I miss about winter.  The most important-- I sleep better.  Regular readers know I work all night and sleep all day, and I keep that schedule even on my days off.  I find it easier to sleep when it's dark and I'm under a heavy blanket layer.  Dark curtains and a big air conditioner help, but it can't replace those cold nights and 4:30 PM sunsets.

Yes, I do like having four seasons, although spring and fall don't last long enough.  Yes, it's nice walking out to the driveway and not scraping a windshield, not slipping and sliding to work.

Excuse me.  It's time for a nap.