Wednesday, June 6, 2018

It's Rather Creepy

I must have a dozen of those shoppers club cards.  I hate them, but you can't function these days without them.  They entitle you to a few cents of your favorite products.  It doesn't seem like much, but it does add up.

A card in my arsenal that gets among the most use is one from a giant drug store chain.  This chain also sends me e-mails, informing me of sales on products I've purchased in the past.  It's nice to know what's on sale without plowing through the newspaper circulars on Sunday.  By the way, it's another nail in the newspapers' coffin, but that's another entry for another time.  On the other hand, it creeps me out.  Someone is always watching, counting, tallying, observing...

Sometimes, I think saving a few cents on a bottle of diet cola really isn't worth it.