Friday, June 15, 2018

Unfinished Friday

REVISITING SOME EARLIER TOPICS...

In yesterday's entry, I pointed out that the Trump/Kim Singapore Summit reminded me of President Nixon's trip to the USSR and China in 1972.  A loyal blog reader and old radio friend pointed out that the Wilkes-Barre Township and Bradford County tornadoes struck as we approach the anniversary of the Agnes flood, also in 1972.

The New York Times recently reported the YES Network is close to signing Yankees' announcer Michael Kay to a big, new contract.  Why?  I've always been amazed the most famous team in baseball, in the largest market in baseball, settles for such mediocrity in the radio and television broadcast booths.  And as far as the radio booth goes, "mediocrity" is being kind. 

Regardless if you're Republican of Democrat, regardless if you supported Trump or Clinton, you have to agree that the past few years have not been the best in the history of the Justice Department.  It seems the rank and file do a great job.  Leadership, on the other hand...

I don't think there is anything that could happen that could get me interested in the World Cup. 

I dipped in and out of the FOX coverage of the U.S. Open.  Golf isn't really my thing.  First, I think FOX, after a slow start a few years ago, does a nice job on golf.  Second, who are these people?  So many new faces on the tour.