Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Does It Really Work?: Shaving Pods

I'm a sucker for anything new, especially when it comes to shaving, because I hate it so much.

I stumbled upon this on Amazon.com

Shaving cream pods.  It's like those laundry detergent pods, only with shaving cream inside.
You wet your hand, and the plastic bag dissolves, leaving you with plenty of shaving cream.  Yes, they do work-- but not significantly better or worse than any of the gels that come out of a can.  Not much of a fragrance.  That can be good or bad.
 Most Amazon reviews were very positive.

The manufacturer touts it as good for travelers.  I'm not so sure.  The pods seem rather delicate, and a gentle squeeze could create a mess.

$ 12.89 for 40 pods.  I guess they make sense for some people.  I don't think will be a re-order.