Thursday, July 12, 2018

Let it Be

I recently came across some You Tube video of my work at one of the stations in town from 22 years ago.  My experiences there were among the unhappiest of my career.  I grabbed some stills, shared them with friends, and we all had a good laugh.  I looked so young back then.  Other than the chuckle, all I could think of was months and months of misery.

My expended biking route takes me past the site of my old junior high school.  The site of one of my elementary schools and my high school is also part of the new journey.  Once again, all I can think of is the unhappiness.

It's not just one sided.  There have been plenty of people over the years who deserved better from me.  Several have received apologies.  The list isn't all that extensive, but let's just say there is more work to be done.

I know our experiences, good and bad, make us who we are.  I've learned more from my failures rather than my successes.

Those with the ability to "Let it Be" have my envy.

But, most days, I stare at the ceiling, wishing there were so many things I could just forget.