Monday, July 30, 2018

Road Rage

I thank heaven...

a.  my ride to work is a short one

b.  I do most of my driving in the middle of the night, when the roads are empty

A return from a story last week involved a nearly two hour drive.

Holy cow!

In spite of patching and repaving, Interstate 81 through Schuylkill, Luzerne and Lackawanna counties is generally a pothole and rut filled mess.  It's an embarrassment, and I really wonder what visitors/travelers think of us.  We spend a lot of time and effort trying to attract new business to the area.  What kind of impression do bad roads make?

Many drivers don't realize there is two lanes.  They jump in the passing lane and stay there.  Move over!

Turn signals?  What are those?

Cut drivers off.  I guess they never learned that margin of safety rule when weaving in and out of traffic.

Now that warehousing is our area's big industry, Interstate 81 really needs a third lane, a truck lane, especially climbing some hills on 81 North in Schuylkill County.

Many of the people driving campers and trailers have no business doing so.  They can't handle it and were weaving all over the road.

Some nitwits still don't follow the "wipers on, lights on" rule.

And don't get me started on the price of gasoline.

I really used to enjoy getting behind the wheel and doing aimless wandering.  Forget that!.