Monday, August 20, 2018

One More Thing...

One last thing before I leave the Williamsport Area Millionaires midnight practice, and it was about me.

Some were surprised to me in Williamsport at midnight.  A couple of people joked that the assignment was some sort of punishment.

Hey, I volunteered!

Nikki Krize and Kristina Papa, along with photographer Tom Durant  have central Pennsylvania covered like a blanket for Newswatch 16, so there is rarely a need for me to head west from the home office.  The Williamsport area is lovely, even in the middle of the night, and I jumped at the opportunity to visit an area I hadn't seen in a while.  It changed quite a bit from the last time I parachuted in.

Above and beyond, it was a great story-- a midnight high school football practice, a first for our area.  I loved the opportunity to get my teeth into something new and different.

As long as I've been in the business, I'm always amazed that so many people really don't have an understanding of how it works.  That's okay.  Put me in another type of work, and it would take me a while to get up to speed.  We are a 24/7 operation.  Yes, it's still mysterious to some, but getting a story on the air can be a long process-- travel, photographing, interviewing, writing, editing, adding graphics...  There are times I still don't get how the magic happens.

Thanks for tuning in.