Sunday, October 7, 2018

Andy's Angles: All You Wanna

The Iron Horse Movie Bistro, and a parking garage above, now occupies the coroner of Penn and Lackawanna in downtown Scranton.

Many, many years ago, there was other retail space here.  Part of it was occupied by a barber shop.  Another space was occupied by the Magical Garden Head Shop.  It carried supplies for smokers (nod, nod, wink wink) and rock and roll tee shirts and posters.  I do remember paying a visit to satisfy my curiosity.  I didn't buy thing.

What I remember most is the radio commercial.  The owner seemed to buy a lot of time on Rock 107.  The spot had a great tag line, which I still remember.  By the way, if I can remember it 30 years later, it was an effective commercial.  The line was "You can get all you wanna at Penn and Lackawanna."

There is a business called "Magikal Garden" in Exeter.  I wonder if its roots are in Scranton, where you can get all you wanna, at Penn and Lackawanna.