Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween!

I will admit that this is not among my favorite days of the year.

First, I don't like being frightened, even if it's in fun.  No scary movies.  No haunted houses.

I really don't like how adults took a kids' holiday and turned it into a time of excess.  Be that as it may, many of the house decorations I pass on my daily travels are nothing short of outstanding.  Plus, the news has been so awful lately, I shouldn't complain if anyone wants to cut loose, dress up, and have a little fun.  It's a release.  It's a safety valve.

Then, there is the vandalism, which passes as "mischief" in some communities.

On the plus side, many of my coworkers bring their excess candy in to the office.  I'll probably consume my body weight in Snickers bars this week.

By the way, is there a better candy family than Snickers, Milky Way and Three Musketeers?  I can't resist.  We can't forget about the Hershey people.

If you love the day, have at it.  If you don't, like me, hide under the bed.  It'll be done soon.  Come and find me when it's over.