Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Enough!

It happens every year.  You would think I'd be able to deal with it by now.  I've tried.  I've really tried.  I can't.

I've written about it before, and it's time for a refresher course.

It deals with those who write radio and TV news.  Any time someone does something bad at this time of year, they are referred to as a "Grinch."  I've seen it a few times in recent days, in stories dealing with the theft of Christmas trees, holiday decorations, and packages left on front porches.

Stop!  Please!  It's trite and it's become a cliche.

Come on brethren.  We're better than this.

And before your fingers hit the keyboards to type G R I N C H one more time, think of this.  The Grinch was transformed into a nice guy at the end.  Porch pirates and decoration thieves, in real life, don't seem to be on the road to redemption.

Seasons Greetings!