Friday, March 29, 2019

Early Bird

It's perfect timing.

I usually stop for a diet soda on my way to work.  Not being a coffee drinker, I need the pick-me-up some days, even though it's mostly psychological.  It's a gift of perfect timing.  I usually get to the mini mart just as the morning newspaper is being delivered.

Even though I already know the headlines because I check the internet before my morning shower, I have to pause  to look at the headlines, the photos, what goes above the fold and what goes below.   The art of the composition.  What the editors think is important, what they think will entice you to buy.  There is a certain magic to a pristine and fresh stack of newspapers on the shelf, the ink barely dry.

It is one of the joys of being out and about,  even before the early bird.