Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Bike Season

It's time for the first bicycle blog of the season.

My bike going in the shop for a tune up, and I should be riding soon.  To get you up to speed, I ride very early in the morning, as long as it's warmer than 50 degrees.  Those days are coming.

Here's what concerns me.  I drive many of the same roads I bike and they're an absolute mess.  If there aren't potholes, there are sloppy patch jobs.  Even though I have a light on my bike, and the street lights provide decent illumination, I'm still afraid I'll hit a pothole and go flying over the handlebars.

I have noticed some filling and paving operations in recent days.  It's a good thing.  However, some of the roads I use need a little more than a patch and a fill.  It looks like, at least early in the season, my rides will be filled with excessive caution.