Thursday, April 4, 2019

Follow Up File

The recent fire that destroyed Serafina on East Drinker Street in Dunmore got me thinking about it's predecessor, Anna Maria's.  The old restaurant was featured on the Food Network show "Restaurant Impossible" several years ago, and it was noted as one of the dirtier restaurants the "Restaurant Impossible" staff encountered.

How Anna Maria's passed inspections will remain one of life's great mysteries.

I never visited the old, or the new restaurant, but I was saddened to watch it go up in flames.  People lose jobs.  A man loses a business, and I'm sure the place had its fans.

I did some internet checking on "Restaurant Impossible."  The series featured 140 restaurants.  101 are now closed.  That is a horrible track record.  Robert Irvine and staff can change the menu and the decor.  They can't change the bad business practice that got all those restaurants in trouble in the first place.

I don't mean to be cavalier.  I know the restaurant business is brutal.

By the way, I read that new "Restaurant Impossible" shows are in production and will be on the air soon.