Friday, April 26, 2019

Let's Review

My first vacation week of the year is in the books.  Let's review.

It was my average routine, minus trips to the office.  I can't say it was a lot of fun, but it was productive.  There were family medical appointments, trips to the bank, supermarket, warehouse club and big box store.  I took my bike to the shop, got a haircut, took a few photos, and had a tire fixed.  Alas, I didn't make it to Boscov's or KMart.

There was some sleep, but not enough.  Let me apologize to a couple of friends.  I had to decline offers to get together.  You see, I keep the same work schedule-- sleep in the afternoon and up all night, even during vacations.  By the time I adjusted to a normal schedule, it would be time to go back to work and get re-adjusted all over again.  That bouncing around is tougher than you think and I envy the people who can do it.

Even though I said I wasn't going to do it, I grew a vacation beard.  It's finally coming in nicely and much of the itch has gone away, and it's time to take it off.  Maybe, some day, I'll show up, bearded, on-air.  I'll save money on make up.

Next vacation week is at the end of July.

By the way, today is the 30th anniversary of the first Red Barons game at Lackawanna County Stadium.  Look for classic editions of Andy's Angles, right here,  this weekend.  It was fun, and a little sad, looking back at old photos.