Tuesday, April 30, 2019

The Excitement Factor


Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden officially entered the race Thursday,  with a video on the internet.  There was an interview on ABC's "The View" the next day.  A big, old time, crowd inducing rally waited until yesterday afternoon in Pittsburgh.

I'm sure there was a method to the approach, and I'm also sure Mr. Biden has some big time political handlers calling the shots.  I just question why it took four days to get the candidate before a crowd to generate some excitement.  There is a strategy in there somewhere.  I'd love to know what it is.

Our newspaper friends did a very nice story yesterday on the voting habits of some people running for office.  Some are great at always going to the polls  Some are awful.  It cuts across both parties.  I just don't understand it.  Voting takes minutes.  It's extremely important, and it makes me sad when anyone, candidate or not,  takes the privilege lightly.