Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The Pod

Podcasts have always intrigued me.  I got my start in radio, and I've always wanted to dip my toe back in to the water once in a while.

We're now in the podcasting business.  As soon as I come up with a great idea, we'll work to make it happen.

I should add that podcasting is audio.  It's not radio.  There is a difference and I'll get in to that one one these days.

I listed to the glitch filled Tony Kornheiser podcast most days.  JT the Brick and Tomm Looney, formerly of FOX Sports Radio do a nice little show on an irregular basis.  I'll say it again.  FSR dumping those two was one of the dumbest moves-- ever.

I've caught two of Joe Snedeker's episodes and I'll get in trouble for saying it, but Joe is a surprisingly strong interviewer and a very good listener.

I've added a new one to my podcasting list:  The Carson Podcast.  Mark Malkoff talks to former Carson guests and people who worked on the Tonight show.  Even if you're not a Carson fan, it's some great behind the scenes stuff.

In my book, nothing beats live and local, but there is an increasing body of quality "on demand" stuff out there.