Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Using Your Noodle

When I think of "ramen," I think of broke college kids, low income individuals, and those Styrofoam cups I keep in my desk at work for a 2:00 AM snack.  By the way, there is a spicy chicken variety that's outstanding.  And, yes, I know these things are horrible for you.  They are full of salt.  I've ingested so much, I'm sure one of my sneezes could have defrosted the station's parking lot during the blizzard two years ago.

However, you can't deny the convenience and the low cost.

Noodles has become a national thing.  There are chains spreading across the country.  There is a stand alone ramen restaurant in downtown Scranton.  I've never been there, but I hear it's very good.  There is now a ramen restaurant in Dickson City, and I'm not sure it's open for business.

Color me intrigued, and I'm not one of those people who chases food trends.  Give me my pizza, turkey subs, burger and fries, and chicken fingers.

I just find it odd on how food for people watching their budget has not become hip.