Friday, May 31, 2019

I Wanted to Be With You Alone, and Talk About the Weather

Okay, everyone is weighing in on the weather.  It's my turn.

I lost a window to a hail stone this week.  It could have been worse.  I was watching WNEP coverage, when the director punched up the downtown Scranton camera looking to the east.  I saw a huge, big, dark, low cloud, and I thought, "this is it."  Turned out, it wasn't, and I'm counting my lucky stars.

Clearly, something is happening.  Whether it's a blip on the radar, or part of a long term trend, the jury is still out.  I'm sorry it's become politicized, and I'm not going down that road.

Technology has improved and it appears the National Weather Service is quicker to pull the trigger on watches and warnings these days.  It's a good thing.  You can't warn people early enough.

Keep an eye on the sky, and with any luck, we'll be here to talk tomorrow.