Monday, May 27, 2019

Memorial Day

I'll spare the sermons, but there are a few things I want to touch on today.

First, please take a moment to remember what the day is all about.  A co worker and I were talking the other day about how Memorial Day has morphed into a second Veterans Day.  I'm sort of okay with that.  It's another opportunity to honor those who have served, but I can understand how some people want to keep the original intent-- remember those who have died while serving.

I usually say this every year.  Memorial Day is a tough day in the television news business.  Every community has an observance, as it should be.  We get to as many as we can, but it is impossible to get to them all, and people become offended.  I understand.  Please keep in mind that your town's observance is significant and special, whether or not a television camera is present.

Thank you to those who served, and continue to serve.

To families who have lost loved ones, your sacrifice is remembered.