Friday, June 14, 2019

Atty. Pete

Attorney Peter Loftus of Waverly died this week.  79.  It was an outstanding resume, including the FBI and a distinguished law practice.

I wish I could tell you "the rest of the story," but Atty. Loftus represented WARM and I during a witch hunt many years ago.  It involved the alleged violation of a court gag order and who said what to whom.

Part of the caper that morning involved a horribly drawn up subpoena, and someone you know rather well hiding out in a restaurant in case the gang that couldn't shoot straight eventually got the subpoena right.

Yes, there was also the threat of someone you know well going to jail if the dominoes tumbled in the other direction.

In spite of all that, Atty. Loftus was clear, calm, and confident.  I was happy he was on my side.

My sympathy to his family, friends, and fortunate clients.